Friday 15 February 2013

Kitchen

Ok, so its a galley if I am to be all ship shape about it.  But at the end of the day its the same place, a place to reheat my microwave meals and make coffee.  The original design for the ship layout was to have the new galley (kitchen) where the old one was.  There were some advantages to this approach namely I did not have to use my imagination.

But this would be a stupid thing to do.  The space is very very small and is basically little more than a corridor through.  I have also an abundance of rooms including the radio room that I was trying to invent uses for.  Hmmmm.  you can see where this is going.

Obvious really.  The radio room (large room) will become the kitchen and the old galley area will be a small seating area.  This will ensure that there is plenty of room for the required kitchen equipment.  

A microwave and a kettle.

The pontoon has been moved (thanks Dave) a little and tied up to stop it banging.  Hopefully the next bad weather will not be such a drama.  I simply cannot imagine what it must have been like on board with real waves hitting the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment